Did you know there are medicines that can help you quit tobacco for good?
These medicines can help you feel better while you are trying to quit by lessening withdrawal symptoms like irritability or lack of focus.
To learn more about which medication might be right for you, try our animated online program. The program has 5 sections - each lasts less than 5 minutes.
Quit Tobacco Medications Program
Talking with your doctor can also help you decide which option may be right for you. You can send your doctor a secure message.
Medications aren't the whole story. You can do a lot to change the way you live free of tobacco. If you are thinking of quitting tobacco, a personal Kaiser Permanente Wellness Coach can help you create - and stick with - a plan for reaching your goals. Better yet, you don't even have to leave home. You and your coach can talk one-on-one by phone at a time that's convenient for you. Call 1-866-251-4514 to make a phone appointment with a coach or to find out more. Coaching sessions are free to Kaiser Permanente members. When you join a quit tobacco program and get a prescription, you can get your quit tobacco medicines at your drug benefit co-pay.
Please note, at the current time Medicare does not cover over-the-counter medications (such as the nicotine patch, gum, or lozenge).
Quit tobacco programs available to you at no cost, include:
- Wellness Coaching (telephonic). Call 1-866-251-4514 to make an appointment.
- Group programs like the Freedom from Tobacco multi-session class or Quit Tobacco Workshop
- Telephone Counseling through our Wellness Coaching Center (1-866-251-4514 to make an appointment) or the California Smokers Helpline (1-800-NO BUTTS)
- HealthMedia® Breathe ™program
- Learn more about Individual Counseling at your local Health Education center
More information and tips for quitting tobacco:
Smoking - Call It Quits!
Quit Smoking We Can Help!
Your opinion counts: Click here to tell us what you think of the Quit Tobacco Medications program.