|Team Captain , AHA Silicon Valley heart walk 2006. A picture with my team that helped me raise $ 1.5 K to support research for heart diseases . Together we walked with 5 thousand others in the community to raise awareness about metabolic fitness & prevention of heart disease.|
1) Assistant Chief, Department of Pediatrics & Adolescent Medicine at Kaiser San Jose, 1999-2005.
2) Physician Ambassador representing Kaiser San Jose Medical Center since 2004.
3) Chairperson, San Jose Community Health Committee, 2000-2003.
4) Lead Pediatrician in charge of the Newborn Hearing Screen Program and of the Synagis clinic at Kaiser Permanente San Jose since 2002
5) Director, The Teen Health Center at Kaiser San Jose since 2006.
6) Regional Adolescent Medicine Peer Group, member since 1997.
7) The EDRC Eating Disorder Resource Center, Board Member since 2006.
September 24th Common Wealth Club San Jose launch event
8)2009 and 2010, participated in Lobby day (Washington DC) for the FREED act(federal response to eliminate Eating Disorders)
9) Summer Youth Employment Program at Kaiser Permanente "Thank you for being our guest" guest speaker 2007, 2008, 2009, and 2010
10) Alternate delegate from the SCCMA ( Santa Clara medical Association) to CMA ( California Medical association) in Sacramento 2008-2012.
11) International medical volunteering with Rotaplast international, Aracaju Brazil, August 2009 . To learn more please visit their website at www.rotaplast.org
Trip to Brazil with Rotaplast, Aracaju Brazil , 2009
12) Trip to Sohag Egypt Medical Mission with Rotaplast , 2010.
Dr Seham El-Diwany with Dr Jann Johnson ( plastic surgeon) charting in the PACU ( post anesthesia care unit , in Sohag Egypt) at the end of a busy work day.
Dr. El-Diwany with a group of plastic surgeons, anesthetists and nurses , all dressed up to receive their certificate of appreciation for serving in the Sohag, Egypt mission
13) International Medical Volunteering with the Matibabu Clinic in Kenya; Aug 2008
Picture with the Matibabu Clinic Staff.
It was a humbling experience to serve the population of Ukwala, Kenya; an impoverished rural area where 40% of the population has active AIDS or is HIV positive , high prevalence of Malaria, Worms, TB, Sickle Cell Disease & a host of infectious diseases. For information on the Matibabu Foundation, you can visit their web site at www.matibabu.com
14) Volunteered to work in New Orleans Louisiana , in the "The gulf cost rebuilding project " with regional KP community benefits in 2010
15) Medical volunteer for disaster response ( MVDR) at Santa Clara County since 2010