Using Services at Kaiser Permanente San Francisco
Being well informed is one of the best ways to make Kaiser Permanente services work for you. Here are some things you can do to be well informed.
- Choose your facility – one closest to your home or work where you will receive most of your care.
- Select your personal care physician or nurse practitioner who will coordinate and oversee your medical care and will refer you to a specialist when he or she feels that you need specialty care. However, you do not need a referral for some specialty departments, such as Obstetrics & Gynecology, Psychiatry, Ophthalmology or Optometry , or Chemical Dependency Services
- Call Member Outreach and have the name of your personal care provider captured with your demographic information or return the selection card you received in the mail. If you need assistance or have questions about selecting a personal care provider, speak with our representatives at 415-833-2562 (English), 415-833-2598 (Spanish) , 415-833-2789 (Cantonese, Mandarin, Vietnamese), Monday through Friday, 8:30 am to 5:00 pm.
- Read Your Guidebook to Kaiser Permanente Services. This guidebook provides useful information about getting care, member rights and responsibilities and lots, lots more. Your copy should be on its way. If you need an additional copy, call our Member Services Call Center at 1-800-464-4000.
- Call our Kaiser Permanente Healthphone, 1-800-33-ASK ME (1-800-332-7563), and listen to brief, easy-to-understand recorded messages on over 400 health topics, available 24 hours a day.
- Visit our Health Education Center at 2241 Geary Blvd. We have information on maintaining your health, preventing illness, and managing chronic problems. We have something to offer eveyone one their healing journey - for mind, body, heart, and spirit. Call 1-800-464-4000 and request a catalog, or download one =>
- Visit kaiserpermanente.org for 24-hour access to Kaiser Permanente. Our members-only area lets you request routine appointments, consult with a nurse or pharmacist, get a customized health assessment, access drug and health encyclopedias, and much more.
- Read your Evidence of Coverage booklet to understand your coverage, including exclusions and limitations.
- Check your Preventive Health Prompt at each visit. We print your screening test and immunizations across the bottom of your registration slip. A simple reminder of when you’re due for preventive services.
- Get a Campus Map The Kaiser Permanente San Francisco Medical Center is located in two main campuses, the Geary Campus, and the French Campus. Additional services are located in buildings at other addresses. Before your next appointment, you may want to look at a campus map: Maps of Our Medical Center
Thanks for reading!
This page was last updated on December 19, 2003.
Feedback? Please contact our Contact our Webmaster